Gwalior Road, Jhansi-284 003 (U.P.)
1. All the scientists/scholars and outsiders entering the Library shall deposit their bags and other belongings at the entrance and sign in/out the Register at the checkpoint.
2. Only notebooks and the Library books to be returned will be allowed inside in the library.
3. Do not to leave any valuables documents/ expensive items at the Check Point. Library is not responsible for any loss of personal belongings.
4. All files, personal books, Library issued books etc., are not allowed inside the library.
5. Identity Card is compulsory for getting access to the library and for outsiders the written permission of the Director and OIC Library is compulsory to enter in the library.
6. The reader should check the books before borrowing to ensure that these are not damaged. If a book is found to be damaged or certain pages are missing, the borrower should get this statement recorded on the book, otherwise he/she shall be held responsible for the damage, discovered at the time of returning the books.
7. If any student is found indulging in book hiding, stealing or mutilating, disciplinary action will be taken against him/her.
8. Readers should not mark, underline, write, or tear pages or otherwise damage the library documents including books/magazines/journals etc.
9. Books removed from the shelves by students, if not required for reference, should be kept on the book trolley or on table nearest to them. Please do not try to shelve yourself. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
10. The newspaper(s) should be folded properly after reading and kept back in the designated place.
11. Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate, or damage library resources in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he/she will be charged the full replacement cost of the resource. Books Borrowed should be protected from RAIN, DUST, INSECT, etc.
12. All the scientists/scholars are advised to bring their own Library Cards while using the Library.
13. For the loss of Library card, a fine of Rs.5/- each will be charged.
14. The loss of book will be charged three times of the latest book price.
15. Conversation and discussion disturbs library ambience. Therefore, all are requested to maintain dignified silence.
16. Smoking, pan chewing and spitting in the library is prohibited.
17. Use of cellular phones or any other audio/video device is strictly prohibited in the Library premises. If readers wish to keep them while using the Library, they must be switched off or in silent mode.
18. Beverages and Eatables are not allowed inside the library.
19. No visitor or guest is permitted to use the Library without the prior permission of the Director/OIC Library. He/She is required to produce a proper introduction letter from the concerned Institution/Organization to which he/she is attached.
20. No photograph of the Library shall be taken without the prior permission of the Director/OIC Library.
21. Library reserves the right to call back any issued book/item at any time.
22. Violation of library rules or misconduct by a member may invite discontinuation of the library privileges.
23. Suggestions on all aspects of library services are welcome.